Tuesday 17 November 2009

drive

i think you already know it,
but i could breathe again if i write.

have trust in you enough,
to put you at the wheel.
the control, the balance,
all in your firm hands.
the shifting of gears,
the pace and flow of life as well.

have relied,
upon your sight
for maneuvering the twists and turns.
your care to avoid bumpers
and caution to brake and speed when needed.

will you also trust Me?
to know the BIG map by heart
to know all the right directions to take
to follow the right traffic and people
to be guided in this maze till the end

will you have faith on Me?
to show you the by-lanes that are useful
to take the highways that must not be missed
to take U-turns when I say to
to drive-on, even when no road is obvious
simply to take you home!

know it for sure,
without doubt, now or after
that i am not here to show you the way
but, for you I am the WAY!!

3 comments:

  1. knowing not where to go
    Iseek thou direction
    knowing not what tosay
    I seek thou words
    knowing not what to think
    I seek thou thought
    knowing not what my heart desires
    I seek thou wish
    knowing not what drives me
    I seek thou knowledge
    knowing not what worth me
    Iseek thou vision.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sharp turns and the twists of life...
    remind me of the razor sharp edges of the wounds and the likes...
    The emotional upheaval and the practical mind...
    Dismay me to this day and the night...
    Alas! I have ' YOU! ' who trusts my 'Drive' ...
    Gives me a 'Drive' (as in force) and power of resilience ...
    and gives me a hope that all doldrums of my heart and the mind...
    will soon disappear in the farthest sky!
    AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me and my poem are humbled by the comments received...
    makes me wonder which is the thought and which is the reaction received...
    from the action has the reaction or from the reaction has the action evolved...

    ReplyDelete