Saturday 25 September 2010

your memories

i put out the wet balanket
of darkness, to dry
on the balcony of my house.
the embers of hope
i kept alive,
by placing my warm hands
over moist eyes.
i separated dust and wind,
that were as entagled
with each other as milk and water.
heavy lumps of loneliness,
i hid under the sheet
of falsehood.
scattered and restless body
of mine, i clothed with
scattered and careless clothes.
cleared all cobwebs of memories,
by the duster
of today's thoughts and activity.
God, I put back
at His place,
Everyday I put Him on His place
Everyday but He falls down
so low.
I released the emotions,
Now, incarcerated in books
as bookmarks.
Lent them
the wings of my breath
To fly.
I put the oven on;
waited for it to get warm;
mixed the flour of eagerness;
baked our conversations;
and served my heart
on the plate of the evening,
if not you my beloved
let your thoughts come.

This poem is a free translation of "Tera Khayal" posted on this blog before.

1 comment:

  1. lovely words.
    a broken heart is sometimes all u need to conspire the blossoming of a writing genius

    ReplyDelete