Sunday 17 October 2010

prayer

Let this be the punishment of my eyes
that they be witness to all ugliness of the world
but not your benign, beautiful face.

Let this be the plight of the fleet of my soul
that it wanders without direction, battered by storms,
unhinged from the anchor of your guidance.

My forgetful memory lets me burn my hands
again and again in the fire of trails
and renders me vulnerable all the times.

Look at the pitiful state of my ego,
that is trampled under the feet of men
of the world, only to raise its hood to be crushed again.

Let me break my back by working day and night,
to pay off the interest of my actions
which with the capital, remains unpaid.

Let me be born a thousand times
and die ten thousand times or more;
till the seeds of desires are roasted to infertility.

But promise me O Lord ! that at the end:
even after millions of years
of carrying this wretched self in this world.
You will let me return to you,
And at the end,
only You be my End,
only You be my End !

p.s.][ as usual, the title is still un-carved in stone. please do suggest title. 'prayer' is WIP

No comments:

Post a Comment