Tuesday 13 April 2010

day 13 - poem 13

Barter

No more of the hardness of earth for me,
Or the thorny bed of grasses.
On soft cushions now I lie down
But sleep like blessings has become rarer.

I have removed the sheet of sky
Studded with stars and clouds.
Now I have a roof rock-solid
Too small for hope and dreams together.

The playful breeze of summer nights
I swapped with mere air-conditioned.
The silence of the woods and river
With the noise of vehicles and motor.

I put my trust on iron and wood
More than on men and their goodness.
Now but doubt everyone
And everything I fear.

I have bartered the whole universe
For a small space called 'my house'
What was without limits any
Tapes and foot can now measure.

Kinship with many and friendship with all,
I hurriedly did shun
I choose a few to alternatively love and hate
Called them 'my family dear' .

No comments:

Post a Comment