Tuesday 1 September 2009

golb

What is blogging? You write and post and then everyone else reads.
What would be the opposite of it? Everyone else writes and you read it?
Maybe.
Well something different happened tonight. I was cleaning up my room ( I can assure you it is an event which could contest with a celestial event such as an eclipse or comet's arrival for rarity) when I came across an old notebook. I stumble upon a set of words which looked like a poem.
Even more strange was the fact that the words were in my handwriting and presumably written by me.
I do not normally take physical notes of poetry/prose I read.
I read it once, twice and another time as well, but could not recall when had I written this poem. I don't get that drunk with alcohol and more so as far I remember have never written something under its influence.

I tried to get some meaning out of the poem, this seemed even more difficult. This was an educative experience for me as well - 'poetry is meaningless!'
Golden words; would save many trees and oil.

I am still not very sure. You read and let me know if it is your work that I might have plagiarised. I would apologise. Suggest a title.


More aware of yourself than ever,
More alert than the normal care,
Helpless though you find yourself melting
A strange fear and faith disturbing.

What you see within and without
is the same; minus the duality,
Devoid of shape and form
All things turn to One, loosing identity.

What is their real nature then?
What you saw and thought them to be
Or what you see or rather do not see now
Think as you never have, see now.

Reality that is evident on your face
Caught you low on guard, defenseless
Senses amputated, mind sucked and soaked
In deeper realms of numbing realisation.

4 comments:

  1. A man surrounded with different emotions at a time, frustration for being indifferent to the call of his soul , for being unreasonable towards certain crucial n deciding moments of life...........
    REALISES NOW N IS DESPERATE TO GET THAT WHAT HE ALWAYS WANTED BUT FOR THAT TIME WAS SWAYED AWAY BY.................
    AT THE SAME TIME, HIGHLY CONFUSED WHEATHER, "THIS IS IT WHAT HE WANTED?"HIS EAGRENESS TO KNOW THE ANSWER GETS A HOLD ON HIS MIND ....as if he is hypnotised n perhaps is dreaming.. {i wish when he opens his eyes, he starts walking towards he rays of hope beaming through the silent horizons!!!!!!!!! his journey perhaps started from that very day n still continues........


    "A DESPERATE SOUL"

    ReplyDelete
  2. shall i call u anonymoous or a desperate soul?
    interestin observations....
    and intelligently subtle and discreet
    but no reference or relation to the post/poem
    have u read it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! Mr. parthajeet!!!.......... all readers on ur blog might hav been n definitely confused on this post. let me make u clear that, everything in this world has got a meaning..... depends from which angle one interpretes......
    i can assure that i hav read this as many times as u hav.........
    very kind of u for the compliments.....if u look at the 1st n last stanzas, u will be able to relate my observations to that ......
    let me again clarify- the character in the poem is highly conscious of what he has to do now{ hvnt yet discovered} n that is evident from his face, a kind of insecurity n fear grips his thought process, no courage to face it , so is defenceless........



    for 2nd n 3rd stanzas, he tries to find out the nature of his emotions.... at one time it appears to him that he realised what he want to achieve n the very same moment," no this is not".... This is the "duality" .between conflict of these 2 thoughts, he feels a hollowness-- which has no shape n form....

    my understanding is up to this.........

    WHAT DO U SAY NOW??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramneek Likes This ...

    ReplyDelete