Saturday 29 December 2012

I DO NOT die!!!

This is a protest against everything that happened to the 23 year old young girl who was gang-raped in New Delhi and who succumbed to her injuries today. I chose the easier way-writing, than people who are on streets and expressing their protest, anger, grief and solidarity.
---

I DO NOT Die!

You may stifle my voice,
Choke my throat with iron hands,
Gag my mouth with black clothes of your party flags.
But my voice will resound and resonate
From the Gates and Hills,
Through thousands of mouths,
Thorough millions of hearts,
Of my sisters, brothers, fathers and mothers
Who are just like Me.

You may batter my body,
Infect it with pestilence and gangrene, 
Shift it to foreign lands,
To die with the darkness of the night. 
But, my spirit will shine in strength and brightness
Like the Sun and blind you,
You who are hiding behind
Your sun-glasses of hypocrisy. 

You may stab my heart
With knives of bestiality,
You may thrash my limbs
With sticks of lies and false promises,
You may cut my stomach
With bloody swords of accusations,
You may bury my shattered body
Under the cold mud and grovel of politics.
But, you can not kill me.

You may try to drown 
The rising waves of my spirit by water canons,
You may use gas to make me cry 
And make my vision blurry.
But, try as hard you can,
You, the hideous, heinous,
Abominable, abase character of every man,
I must let you know,
I am a free soul
Soaring high in open skies,
I am a free soul,
I did not die,
I DO NOT die!

No comments:

Post a Comment