Thursday 4 December 2008

please forgive me

For every time I thought
I could be rude to you,
Without having a bearing on our relationship.
Almost as if, it were my right to do so.

For every thing I learnt from you
As easily or with as much difficulty
As the new-born calf, trying to stand up
After being licked warm by it's mother.

For every thing that
You wished to ask me for but did not,
Or worse, for all that you asked for
But respond I did not.

For every time irritation got the better of me
At hearing your high pitched voice,
Which had nothing else but concern underneath.

For every night that I slept well,
Knowing that I am protected and loved
But never cared to reciprocate.

For every time I failed to say 'Love you'
Or 'Thank You' at least.

For every time I missed
To acknowledge your presence
When I needed it desperately.

Please, please forgive me...

3 comments:

  1. i liked this one..specially the comparison used with the new born calf,licked clean...beautiful imagery.

    a poem for mum??or ahem ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant thank Sameer enough for posting his comments..very useful...have been almost waiting for them now !
    well this one ....could be for anyone isn't it?
    I had my grandparents in my mind while writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't adore this one enough.

    ReplyDelete