Tuesday 8 January 2008

demons of the self

now don't just turn your face away,
i want to see it - the wry smile or smirk
let me see it clearly without fear or mistake,
dont leave the work unfinished, fight undecided.

i ain't loosing till i can stand up.
till there is blood flowing in my veins,
till i see the filth that you all are,
till you kill me or i crush you to death.

demons of my self "bring it on"
populate the army you have built,
buttress the fortress of inevitability
that you have inflicted on me for long.

why do you hide in those dark alleys?
it's my head that is bloody,
it's my spirit that you almost fed upon,
it's my courage that is shot.

my faith that you have threatened,
blanket of self-doubt you have wrapped me in
and thrown me to the sharks of fear,
a victory you can smell of, seize it or be seized.

let's fight once more, my demons
like all other times before this.
the enemy is familiar, so are his moves
strengths weaknesses all known to you.

stealth may be your best weapon
when my guards are low,
my mind slothful and spirit adrift,
but those were hardly any fights

surrender of senses, may be absolute,
so may be of belief and enthusiasm,
but thats not all that is there to a man;
spirit and hope are yet standing their ground

let's have it out at the battlefield you pick
pits, downhill valleys, graveyards or else
ready or else, right or wrong, just or unjust
I don't give a damn, but fight I must !!

No comments:

Post a Comment