Monday 18 June 2007

buy/sell - what?? TIME!!

No. The finance bug has not bitten me.Not yet. I still don't understand how people can make money ($,Rs, cant find any other currency symbol so- etc. etc.) by using the arbitrage (don't ask the meaning - this word just sounds good) route.
What I am referring to here is something more than a commodity and though similar but not interchangeably used for currency. TIME
Men and women all the time sell their times but can never buy it back.
Thank Coelho for this wonderful statement but reflect upon it - How true starting from a investment banker, to a movie star, a doctor, an IT guy(still say it after the HCL ad), a prostitute and even a CONSULTANT(don't break your head over the order-no logic in it) sell their time and earn their living(actually a lot more than that) from it.
But it does not work the reverse way. You CAN NOT buy back some time by paying some (whatever) amount of money in any counter.
And how badly we need it - think of a dying son who never had time to say "Father you are the field from which I have harvested everything in my life. I love you". The stinking rich guy who was busy making millions all the time his only daughter grew up. What would he give to buy some time when she took her first steps, said 'Ma' or 'Pa' for the first time.
The last evening with your beloved before she left for a different country to pursue her destiny. You would pay for the evening to last forever-won't you?
I could really go on - BUT
My company is selling my time to a client and charging them for it.
So i have to sell it to them. Really pressed for time.
Would get back to this topic for sure, when I have more of TIME(cant BUY but can BORROW :))

No comments:

Post a Comment